Malaysian University Key Facts and Unique Aspects
- Malaysia offers three distinct higher education opportunities:
- 20 public and 47 private universities
- 34 Private colleges
- 10 branch campuses of other universities:
No. Name of Branch Campus Location in Malaysia Country of Origin 1 Monash University Malaysia, established in 1998 Selangor Australia 2 Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia, established in 1999 Sarawak Australia 3 The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, established in 2000 Kuala Lumpur / Selangor United Kingdom 4 Swinburne University of Technology, Sarawak Campus, established in 2004 Sarawak Australia 5 Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia, established in 2007 Johor United Kingdom 6 University of Southampton Malaysia Campus, established in 2011 Johor United Kingdom 7 Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, established in 2012 Putrajaya United Kingdom 8 University of Reading Malaysia, established in 2013 Johor United Kingdom 9 Xiamen University Malaysia Campus, established in 2015 Sepang, Selangor China 10 Royal College of Surgeons In Ireland And University College Dublin Malaysia Campus, established in 2018 Penang Ireland
- There are 1927 degree programs taught in English across Malaysia. Only 251 are housed in the public Universities. This Searchable Database is very helpful. Another one can be found here.
- Malaysia recognises the IB diploma, US High School Diploma and many others as suitable qualifications for entry.
- Malaysia universities take part in the SETARA (Rating System for Higher Education Institutions in Malaysia) which focus on teaching quality.
- IB Recognition
- NACAC Guide
- How to apply
- When to do what by
- Name says it all
Check out UNESCO’s interactive map